Welcome to Education Resources, LLC:
Education Resources is all about learning. Learning not just for the sake of learning, not just for academics, but learning for joy, empowerment, success, and happiness. We’re about learning in kids, learning in adults, learning in families, learning in classrooms, learning in organizations, learning everywhere.
To help people learn, we develop and market tools and training for learning leaders and learners.
Beginning in 2002 we developed a philosophy, a set of principles, and a practice of learning, and implemented them in a small charter school in a troubled neighborhood in Phoenix, Arizona.
During eleven years of successful operation, we worked with an array of remarkable mentors, compiled a body of knowledge and experience, helped an army of kids succeed at school and life, presented our work worldwide, and published parts of it recently in a book called The StarShine Effect.
Building a Community of Leaders of Learning
Our logo, the StarShine Sower, sows stars of possibilities. ”Sowie” is a a Johnny Appleseed spreading dreams. Members of StarShine Network are also Sowers, sowing greater possibilities for themselves and others, especially children.
Education Resources, LLC is a humanitarian organization and social enterprise business that combines doing well with doing good. Affiliates of Education Resources — the StarShine Network –include entrepreneurs, photographers, rockstars, filmmakers, investment bankers, consultants, bloggers, athletes, lawyers, doctors, engineers, architects, artists, scientists, philanthropists, venture capitalists, political leaders, charity founders, and other amazing people trailblazing better futures.
Join Our Network
If you share our interests in learning and our guiding principles, please join the StarShine Network below. Basic membership is free.
StarShine Guiding Principles
- Every person born is unique and perfect and on their own road to discovering their dreams and highest calling.
- We are on the planet to help one another toward achieving individual goals for the Greater Good of All.
- We each do the best that we can on each day, depending on what we know and understand, according to Maslow’s Hierarchy.
- Music is the first language.
- Beautiful, safe environments that are clean and include art, music and nature inspire creativity and help to secure man’s sustainability.
- Teaching and learning gardening is a necessary part of becoming one with nature and the environment and is a means for personal health and community building.
- Celebrating local culture and global diversity allows for a rich life.
- Practice Connect versus Convince; Exercise Compassion versus Judgment, Love versus Fear.
- Individuals practice being ambassadors for their own country as well as a country other than their own.
- Co-learning demonstrates that every person is a teacher and every teacher is a student.
- Financial literacy fosters hope, belief and abundance as it facilitates a wise use of assets.
- Partnering and mentoring fosters interdependence toward building common ground, as in “the world agrees on time so everyone can communicate.”
- Holistic explains that each event reinforces all. The pursuit of success and happiness, both individually and collectively, must include body, mind, spirit, health and wealth.
- Leveraging technology facilitates connecting people; personal contact is vital.
- World peace is a result of individual peace.